Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ugh...

So... I worked on the three images all weekend so that they would be finished for monday, and as I neared the end, they seemed incomplete and sloppy. I thought I'd try a different approach towards working with scanned-in drawings at the beginning of the project, by scanning in linework, digitally painting it, and then doing the shading. Afterwards, it seems that my original method of drawing the whole thing and painting it afterwards is still the better of the two for me at least.  So  I killed all three of the images, re-drew my original linework to get rid of the colored pencil outlines on the original drawings, shaded all three and re-scanned them. It ended up being a ton of work but it paid off. I personally think the finished three look better than the originals. 

No comments: