Sunday, November 2, 2008

Minor Setback, but nothing crippling.

Earlier today as I was carving the foam, I stepped back and looked at it for a few minutes, and wasn't 100% happy with it. I was using 2" foam and the depth that I wanted to capture with it wasn't available in that shallow of a depth. I started over with 2 pieces of 2" foam for 4" and a greater depth and a more effective difference between each level of carving. Plus, this will go much more smoothly since there will be larger areas to work with. When I worked on the mockup and the 2" piece, it was slow and tasking since the areas were so small and fragile. The glue is drying on the large piece and it'll be dry for me to work on tomorrow morning. Since this process will already be complete on the first one, I'm printing the next two and finishing the first one tomorrow. The process will already be down and I'm going to make definite plans to have the three finished by the end of next week, giving me ample time to work on the other three images.

No comments: